Subject: WARNING in wiphy_register

From: syzbot <syzbot+[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 14:37:37 -0800

Hello,

syzkaller hit the following crash on  
c92a9a461dff6140c539c61e457aa97df29517d6
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/master
compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620
.config is attached
Raw console output is attached.
C reproducer is attached
syzkaller reproducer is attached. See https://goo.gl/kgGztJ
for information about syzkaller reproducers

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: syzbot+[email-masked]
It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed. See footer for  
details.
If you forward the report, please keep this part and the footer.

audit: type=1400 audit(1515870599.842:7): avc:  denied  { map } for   
pid=3649 comm="syzkaller283614" path="/root/syzkaller283614583" dev="sda1"  
ino=16481 scontext=unconfined_u:system_r:insmod_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023  
tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:user_home_t:s0 tclass=file permissive=1
netlink: 'syzkaller283614': attribute type 9 has an invalid length.
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 3649 at net/wireless/core.c:549  
wiphy_verify_combinations net/wireless/core.c:548 [inline]
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 3649 at net/wireless/core.c:549  
wiphy_register+0xfc3/0x2050 net/wireless/core.c:728
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...

CPU: 1 PID: 3649 Comm: syzkaller283614 Not tainted 4.15.0-rc7+ #260
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  panic+0x1e4/0x41c kernel/panic.c:183
  __warn+0x1dc/0x200 kernel/panic.c:547
  report_bug+0x211/0x2d0 lib/bug.c:184
  fixup_bug.part.11+0x37/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:178
  fixup_bug arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:247 [inline]
  do_error_trap+0x2d7/0x3e0 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:296
  do_invalid_op+0x1b/0x20 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:315
  invalid_op+0x22/0x40 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:1079
RIP: 0010:wiphy_verify_combinations net/wireless/core.c:548 [inline]
RIP: 0010:wiphy_register+0xfc3/0x2050 net/wireless/core.c:728
RSP: 0018:ffff8801bc307080 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: ffff8801bc19c040 RBX: 000000000000000c RCX: ffffffff8517dd33
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: ffff8801c2963246 RDI: ffff8801c2963230
RBP: ffff8801bc307200 R08: ffffed003852c115 R09: ffffed003852c115
R10: 0000000000000001 R11: ffffed003852c114 R12: ffff8801c2963234
R13: dffffc0000000000 R14: ffff8801c29608a0 R15: ffff8801c29608d0
  ieee80211_register_hw+0x1162/0x3100 net/mac80211/main.c:1038
  mac80211_hwsim_new_radio+0x1b2e/0x2b90  
drivers/net/wireless/mac80211_hwsim.c:2700
  hwsim_new_radio_nl+0x5b7/0x7c0 drivers/net/wireless/mac80211_hwsim.c:3152
  genl_family_rcv_msg+0x7b7/0xfb0 net/netlink/genetlink.c:599
  genl_rcv_msg+0xb2/0x140 net/netlink/genetlink.c:624
  netlink_rcv_skb+0x224/0x470 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2408
  genl_rcv+0x28/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:635
  netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1275 [inline]
  netlink_unicast+0x4ee/0x700 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1301
  netlink_sendmsg+0xa4a/0xe60 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1864
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:638 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg+0xca/0x110 net/socket.c:648
  ___sys_sendmsg+0x767/0x8b0 net/socket.c:2028
  __sys_sendmsg+0xe5/0x210 net/socket.c:2062
  SYSC_sendmsg net/socket.c:2073 [inline]
  SyS_sendmsg+0x2d/0x50 net/socket.c:2069
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x23/0x9a
RIP: 0033:0x43fd79
RSP: 002b:00007ffeea412a48 EFLAGS: 00000203 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000004002c8 RCX: 000000000043fd79
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020b3dfc8 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 00000000006ca018 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000203 R12: 00000000004016e0
R13: 0000000000401770 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
Dumping ftrace buffer:
    (ftrace buffer empty)
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
Direct all questions to syzkaller-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/[email-masked]

syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is  
merged
into any tree, please reply to this email with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title
If you want to test a patch for this bug, please reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch
and provide the patch inline or as an attachment.
To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
#syz invalid
Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug  
report.
Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.