Subject: KASAN: stack-out-of-bounds Read in __nla_put

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 09:58:03 -0800

Hello,

syzkaller hit the following crash on  
fdddade65d7b5f8779374eb73d09889185280f60
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/master
compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620
.config is attached
Raw console output is attached.
C reproducer is attached
syzkaller reproducer is attached. See https://goo.gl/kgGztJ
for information about syzkaller reproducers

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed. See footer for  
details.
If you forward the report, please keep this part and the footer.

audit: type=1400 audit(1516082805.746:7): avc:  denied  { map } for   
pid=3670 comm="syzkaller084676" path="/root/syzkaller084676122" dev="sda1"  
ino=16481 scontext=unconfined_u:system_r:insmod_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023  
tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:user_home_t:s0 tclass=file permissive=1
==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: stack-out-of-bounds in memcpy include/linux/string.h:344  
[inline]
BUG: KASAN: stack-out-of-bounds in __nla_put+0x37/0x40 lib/nlattr.c:569
Read of size 255 at addr ffff8801c62f7968 by task syzkaller084676/3670

CPU: 1 PID: 3670 Comm: syzkaller084676 Not tainted  
4.15.0-rc8-next-20180116+ #98
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  print_address_description+0x73/0x250 mm/kasan/report.c:256
  kasan_report_error mm/kasan/report.c:354 [inline]
  kasan_report+0x23b/0x360 mm/kasan/report.c:412
  check_memory_region_inline mm/kasan/kasan.c:260 [inline]
  check_memory_region+0x137/0x190 mm/kasan/kasan.c:267
  memcpy+0x23/0x50 mm/kasan/kasan.c:302
  memcpy include/linux/string.h:344 [inline]
  __nla_put+0x37/0x40 lib/nlattr.c:569
  nla_put+0xf5/0x130 lib/nlattr.c:627
  netlink_ack+0x78a/0xa10 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2404
  netlink_rcv_skb+0x2d1/0x400 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2448
  rtnetlink_rcv+0x1c/0x20 net/core/rtnetlink.c:4548
  netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1308 [inline]
  netlink_unicast+0x4c4/0x6b0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1334
  netlink_sendmsg+0xa4a/0xe60 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1897
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:630 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg+0xca/0x110 net/socket.c:640
  sock_write_iter+0x31a/0x5d0 net/socket.c:909
  call_write_iter include/linux/fs.h:1775 [inline]
  new_sync_write fs/read_write.c:469 [inline]
  __vfs_write+0x684/0x970 fs/read_write.c:482
  vfs_write+0x189/0x510 fs/read_write.c:544
  SYSC_write fs/read_write.c:589 [inline]
  SyS_write+0xef/0x220 fs/read_write.c:581
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x29/0xa0
RIP: 0033:0x43fce9
RSP: 002b:00007ffe2c7f0b68 EFLAGS: 00000217 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000001
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000004002c8 RCX: 000000000043fce9
RDX: 0000000000000022 RSI: 0000000020d1f000 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 00000000006ca018 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000004 R11: 0000000000000217 R12: 0000000000401650
R13: 00000000004016e0 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000

The buggy address belongs to the page:
page:ffffea000718bdc0 count:0 mapcount:0 mapping:          (null) index:0x0
flags: 0x2fffc0000000000()
raw: 02fffc0000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 00000000ffffffff
raw: 0000000000000000 ffffea0007180101 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected

Memory state around the buggy address:
  ffff8801c62f7880: f1 f1 f1 04 f2 f2 f2 f3 f3 f3 f3 00 00 00 00 00
  ffff8801c62f7900: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 f1 f1 f1 f1 00 00 00 00 00
> ffff8801c62f7980: f2 f2 f2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
                    ^
  ffff8801c62f7a00: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 f1 f1 f1 f1 00 f2 f2 f2
  ffff8801c62f7a80: f3 f3 f3 f3 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
==================================================================

---
This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
Direct all questions to [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is  
merged
into any tree, please reply to this email with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title
If you want to test a patch for this bug, please reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch
and provide the patch inline or as an attachment.
To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
#syz invalid
Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug  
report.
Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.