Subject: KASAN: use-after-free Write in xt_rateest_put

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 06:58:01 -0800

Hello,

syzbot hit the following crash on upstream commit
24b1cccf922914f3d6eeb84036dde8338bc03abb (Sun Jan 28 20:24:36 2018 +0000)
Merge branch 'x86-pti-for-linus' of  
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

C reproducer is attached.
syzkaller reproducer is attached.
Raw console output is attached.
compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620
.config is attached.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed. See footer for  
details.
If you forward the report, please keep this part and the footer.

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in __hlist_del include/linux/list.h:651 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in hlist_del include/linux/list.h:656 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in xt_rateest_put+0x2e3/0x300  
net/netfilter/xt_RATEEST.c:65
Write of size 8 at addr ffff8801d4d40e58 by task syzkaller770396/3682

CPU: 1 PID: 3682 Comm: syzkaller770396 Not tainted 4.15.0-rc9+ #284
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  print_address_description+0x73/0x250 mm/kasan/report.c:252
  kasan_report_error mm/kasan/report.c:351 [inline]
  kasan_report+0x25b/0x340 mm/kasan/report.c:409
  __asan_report_store8_noabort+0x17/0x20 mm/kasan/report.c:435
  __hlist_del include/linux/list.h:651 [inline]
  hlist_del include/linux/list.h:656 [inline]
  xt_rateest_put+0x2e3/0x300 net/netfilter/xt_RATEEST.c:65
  xt_rateest_tg_destroy+0x50/0x70 net/netfilter/xt_RATEEST.c:154
  cleanup_entry+0x242/0x380 net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:678
  __do_replace+0x7e6/0xab0 net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:1115
  do_replace net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:1171 [inline]
  do_ip6t_set_ctl+0x40f/0x5f0 net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:1693
  nf_sockopt net/netfilter/nf_sockopt.c:106 [inline]
  nf_setsockopt+0x67/0xc0 net/netfilter/nf_sockopt.c:115
  ipv6_setsockopt+0x115/0x150 net/ipv6/ipv6_sockglue.c:928
  udpv6_setsockopt+0x45/0x80 net/ipv6/udp.c:1452
  sock_common_setsockopt+0x95/0xd0 net/core/sock.c:2968
  SYSC_setsockopt net/socket.c:1831 [inline]
  SyS_setsockopt+0x189/0x360 net/socket.c:1810
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x29/0xa0
RIP: 0033:0x4412d9
RSP: 002b:00007fffb8cbf5f8 EFLAGS: 00000203 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000036
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: ffffffffffffffff RCX: 00000000004412d9
RDX: 0000000000000040 RSI: 0000000000000029 RDI: 0000000000000326
RBP: f6fcce9cd855ec40 R08: 00000000000003b8 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000020019c48 R11: 0000000000000203 R12: fbfe5b6031634428
R13: 5826b2d59f7fe9a1 R14: fd7217c033abf8b5 R15: 0000000000000000

Allocated by task 3687:
  save_stack+0x43/0xd0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:447
  set_track mm/kasan/kasan.c:459 [inline]
  kasan_kmalloc+0xad/0xe0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:551
  kmem_cache_alloc_trace+0x136/0x750 mm/slab.c:3610
  kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:499 [inline]
  kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:688 [inline]
  xt_rateest_tg_checkentry+0x25a/0xaa0 net/netfilter/xt_RATEEST.c:120
  xt_check_target+0x22c/0x7d0 net/netfilter/x_tables.c:845
  check_target net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:538 [inline]
  find_check_entry.isra.7+0x935/0xcf0 net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:580
  translate_table+0xf52/0x1690 net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:749
  do_replace net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:1167 [inline]
  do_ip6t_set_ctl+0x370/0x5f0 net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:1693
  nf_sockopt net/netfilter/nf_sockopt.c:106 [inline]
  nf_setsockopt+0x67/0xc0 net/netfilter/nf_sockopt.c:115
  ipv6_setsockopt+0x115/0x150 net/ipv6/ipv6_sockglue.c:928
  udpv6_setsockopt+0x45/0x80 net/ipv6/udp.c:1452
  sock_common_setsockopt+0x95/0xd0 net/core/sock.c:2968
  SYSC_setsockopt net/socket.c:1831 [inline]
  SyS_setsockopt+0x189/0x360 net/socket.c:1810
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x29/0xa0

Freed by task 3682:
  save_stack+0x43/0xd0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:447
  set_track mm/kasan/kasan.c:459 [inline]
  kasan_slab_free+0x71/0xc0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:524
  __cache_free mm/slab.c:3488 [inline]
  kfree+0xd6/0x260 mm/slab.c:3803
  __rcu_reclaim kernel/rcu/rcu.h:190 [inline]
  rcu_do_batch kernel/rcu/tree.c:2758 [inline]
  invoke_rcu_callbacks kernel/rcu/tree.c:3012 [inline]
  __rcu_process_callbacks kernel/rcu/tree.c:2979 [inline]
  rcu_process_callbacks+0xe94/0x17f0 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2996
  __do_softirq+0x2d7/0xb85 kernel/softirq.c:285

The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff8801d4d40e00
  which belongs to the cache kmalloc-192 of size 192
The buggy address is located 88 bytes inside of
  192-byte region [ffff8801d4d40e00, ffff8801d4d40ec0)
The buggy address belongs to the page:
page:ffffea0007535000 count:1 mapcount:0 mapping:ffff8801d4d40000 index:0x0
flags: 0x2fffc0000000100(slab)
raw: 02fffc0000000100 ffff8801d4d40000 0000000000000000 0000000100000010
raw: ffffea00075251e0 ffff8801dac01148 ffff8801dac00040 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected

Memory state around the buggy address:
  ffff8801d4d40d00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
  ffff8801d4d40d80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
> ffff8801d4d40e00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
                                                     ^
  ffff8801d4d40e80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
  ffff8801d4d40f00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
==================================================================

---
This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
Direct all questions to [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is  
merged
into any tree, please reply to this email with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title
If you want to test a patch for this bug, please reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch
and provide the patch inline or as an attachment.
To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
#syz invalid
Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug  
report.
Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.