Subject: KASAN: use-after-free Read in sctp_packet_transmit

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 14:07:01 -0800

Hello,

syzkaller hit the following crash on  
8a4816cad00bf14642f0ed6043b32d29a05006ce
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/master
compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620
.config is attached
Raw console output is attached.
Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this bug yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed. See footer for  
details.
If you forward the report, please keep this part and the footer.

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in sctp_packet_transmit+0x3505/0x3750  
net/sctp/output.c:643
Read of size 8 at addr ffff8801bda9fb80 by task modprobe/23740

CPU: 1 PID: 23740 Comm: modprobe Not tainted 4.15.0-rc5+ #175
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  <IRQ>
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  print_address_description+0x73/0x250 mm/kasan/report.c:252
  kasan_report_error mm/kasan/report.c:351 [inline]
  kasan_report+0x25b/0x340 mm/kasan/report.c:409
  __asan_report_load8_noabort+0x14/0x20 mm/kasan/report.c:430
  sctp_packet_transmit+0x3505/0x3750 net/sctp/output.c:643
  sctp_outq_flush+0x121b/0x4060 net/sctp/outqueue.c:1197
  sctp_outq_uncork+0x5a/0x70 net/sctp/outqueue.c:776
  sctp_cmd_interpreter net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1807 [inline]
  sctp_side_effects net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1210 [inline]
  sctp_do_sm+0x4e0/0x6ed0 net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1181
  sctp_generate_heartbeat_event+0x292/0x3f0 net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:406
  call_timer_fn+0x228/0x820 kernel/time/timer.c:1320
  expire_timers kernel/time/timer.c:1357 [inline]
  __run_timers+0x7ee/0xb70 kernel/time/timer.c:1660
  run_timer_softirq+0x4c/0xb0 kernel/time/timer.c:1686
  __do_softirq+0x2d7/0xb85 kernel/softirq.c:285
  invoke_softirq kernel/softirq.c:365 [inline]
  irq_exit+0x1cc/0x200 kernel/softirq.c:405
  exiting_irq arch/x86/include/asm/apic.h:540 [inline]
  smp_apic_timer_interrupt+0x16b/0x700 arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c:1052
  apic_timer_interrupt+0xa9/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:904
  </IRQ>
RIP: 0010:__preempt_count_add arch/x86/include/asm/preempt.h:76 [inline]
RIP: 0010:__rcu_read_lock include/linux/rcupdate.h:83 [inline]
RIP: 0010:rcu_read_lock include/linux/rcupdate.h:629 [inline]
RIP: 0010:__is_insn_slot_addr+0x8f/0x330 kernel/kprobes.c:303
RSP: 0018:ffff8801d4937430 EFLAGS: 00000283 ORIG_RAX: ffffffffffffff11
RAX: ffff8801bf13c000 RBX: ffffffff8656dd00 RCX: ffffffff8170bd88
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: ffffffff8656dd00
RBP: ffff8801d4937518 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 1ffff1003a926e67
R10: ffff8801d4937300 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: 0000000000000000
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: ffff8801d49374f0 R15: ffff8801dae230c0
  is_kprobe_insn_slot include/linux/kprobes.h:318 [inline]
  kernel_text_address+0x132/0x140 kernel/extable.c:150
  __kernel_text_address+0xd/0x40 kernel/extable.c:107
  unwind_get_return_address+0x61/0xa0 arch/x86/kernel/unwind_frame.c:18
  __save_stack_trace+0x7e/0xd0 arch/x86/kernel/stacktrace.c:45
  save_stack_trace+0x1a/0x20 arch/x86/kernel/stacktrace.c:60
  save_stack+0x43/0xd0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:447
  set_track mm/kasan/kasan.c:459 [inline]
  kasan_kmalloc+0xad/0xe0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:551
  kasan_slab_alloc+0x12/0x20 mm/kasan/kasan.c:489
  kmem_cache_alloc+0x12e/0x760 mm/slab.c:3544
  kmem_cache_zalloc include/linux/slab.h:678 [inline]
  file_alloc_security security/selinux/hooks.c:369 [inline]
  selinux_file_alloc_security+0xae/0x190 security/selinux/hooks.c:3454
  security_file_alloc+0x6d/0xa0 security/security.c:873
  get_empty_filp+0x189/0x4f0 fs/file_table.c:129
  path_openat+0xed/0x3530 fs/namei.c:3496
  do_filp_open+0x25b/0x3b0 fs/namei.c:3554
  do_sys_open+0x502/0x6d0 fs/open.c:1059
  SYSC_open fs/open.c:1077 [inline]
  SyS_open+0x2d/0x40 fs/open.c:1072
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x23/0x9a
RIP: 0033:0x7efdff1bb120
RSP: 002b:00007ffde6213c08 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000002
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 000055c34fab4090 RCX: 00007efdff1bb120
RDX: 00000000000001b6 RSI: 0000000000080000 RDI: 00007ffde6213d20
RBP: 00007ffde6214d90 R08: 0000000000000008 R09: 0000000000000001
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 000055c34fab4090
R13: 00007ffde6215de0 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000

Allocated by task 23739:
  save_stack+0x43/0xd0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:447
  set_track mm/kasan/kasan.c:459 [inline]
  kasan_kmalloc+0xad/0xe0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:551
  kasan_slab_alloc+0x12/0x20 mm/kasan/kasan.c:489
  kmem_cache_alloc+0x12e/0x760 mm/slab.c:3544
  kmem_cache_zalloc include/linux/slab.h:678 [inline]
  sctp_chunkify+0xce/0x3f0 net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:1329
  _sctp_make_chunk+0x13c/0x260 net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:1397
  sctp_make_control+0x39/0x150 net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:1433
  sctp_make_heartbeat+0x90/0x420 net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:1151
  sctp_sf_heartbeat.isra.24+0x26/0x180 net/sctp/sm_statefuns.c:973
  sctp_sf_do_prm_requestheartbeat+0x27/0x100 net/sctp/sm_statefuns.c:5251
  sctp_do_sm+0x192/0x6ed0 net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1178
  sctp_primitive_REQUESTHEARTBEAT+0xa0/0xd0 net/sctp/primitive.c:200
  sctp_apply_peer_addr_params+0x759/0xf30 net/sctp/socket.c:2462
  sctp_setsockopt_peer_addr_params+0x36f/0x5f0 net/sctp/socket.c:2658
  sctp_setsockopt+0x199a/0x61a0 net/sctp/socket.c:4173
  sock_common_setsockopt+0x95/0xd0 net/core/sock.c:2978
  SYSC_setsockopt net/socket.c:1821 [inline]
  SyS_setsockopt+0x189/0x360 net/socket.c:1800
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x23/0x9a

Freed by task 23739:
  save_stack+0x43/0xd0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:447
  set_track mm/kasan/kasan.c:459 [inline]
  kasan_slab_free+0x71/0xc0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:524
  __cache_free mm/slab.c:3488 [inline]
  kmem_cache_free+0x83/0x2a0 mm/slab.c:3746
  sctp_chunk_destroy net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:1450 [inline]
  sctp_chunk_put+0x2fd/0x420 net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:1473
  sctp_chunk_free+0x53/0x60 net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:1460
  sctp_packet_transmit+0xf5d/0x3750 net/sctp/output.c:646
  sctp_outq_flush+0x121b/0x4060 net/sctp/outqueue.c:1197
  sctp_outq_uncork+0x5a/0x70 net/sctp/outqueue.c:776
  sctp_cmd_interpreter net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1807 [inline]
  sctp_side_effects net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1210 [inline]
  sctp_do_sm+0x4e0/0x6ed0 net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1181
  sctp_primitive_REQUESTHEARTBEAT+0xa0/0xd0 net/sctp/primitive.c:200
  sctp_apply_peer_addr_params+0x759/0xf30 net/sctp/socket.c:2462
  sctp_setsockopt_peer_addr_params+0x36f/0x5f0 net/sctp/socket.c:2658
  sctp_setsockopt+0x199a/0x61a0 net/sctp/socket.c:4173
  sock_common_setsockopt+0x95/0xd0 net/core/sock.c:2978
  SYSC_setsockopt net/socket.c:1821 [inline]
  SyS_setsockopt+0x189/0x360 net/socket.c:1800
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x23/0x9a

The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff8801bda9fb80
  which belongs to the cache sctp_chunk of size 256
The buggy address is located 0 bytes inside of
  256-byte region [ffff8801bda9fb80, ffff8801bda9fc80)
The buggy address belongs to the page:
page:00000000d1261812 count:1 mapcount:0 mapping:000000003e733284 index:0x0
flags: 0x2fffc0000000100(slab)
raw: 02fffc0000000100 ffff8801bda9f040 0000000000000000 000000010000000c
raw: ffffea000714c9e0 ffffea0006fa8520 ffff8801d3246c80 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected

Memory state around the buggy address:
  ffff8801bda9fa80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
  ffff8801bda9fb00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
> ffff8801bda9fb80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
                    ^
  ffff8801bda9fc00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
  ffff8801bda9fc80: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
==================================================================

---
This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
Direct all questions to [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is  
merged
into any tree, please reply to this email with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title
To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
#syz invalid
Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug  
report.
Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.