Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] ipv6: recreate ipv6 link-local addresses when increasing MTU over IPV6_MIN_MTU

From: Jay Vosburgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:16:49 -0700

Hannes Frederic Sowa <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hello Alex,
>
>On Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 16:52, Alexander Duyck wrote:
>> Seems like this code isn't quite correct.  You are calling ipv6_add_dev 
>> for slave devices, and if I understand things correctly I don't believe 
>> that was happening before and may be an unintended side effect.
>
>Ah, btw., autoconf and ipv6 operation on IFF_SLAVE devices is actually
>desired nowadays and don't think we can change this. See also:
><https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/531196/>

	IPv6 addrconf on IFF_SLAVE devices was disabled for bonding
slaves in commit c2edacf80e15 because it caused issues with snooping
switches.

	This is also referenced in

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=236750

	Won't re-enabling autoconf on IFF_SLAVE devices cause that issue
to return?

	-J

---
	-Jay Vosburgh, [email-masked]