Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] net: phy: set 1Gbps as default for driver features

From: Heiner Kallweit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 07:34:50 +0100

Whether a PHY is 100Mbps or 1Gbps-capable can be autodetected,
therefore it's not needed to define this manually in the driver.
genphy_config_init() will remove 1Gbps from phydev->supported if
not supported. Having said that PHY drivers for 100Mbps not
calling genphy_config_init() still have to set the features field.
As most PHY's are 1Gbps-capable let's use this as default.

Heiner Kallweit (2):
  net: phy: us 1Gbps as default if driver doesn't set features
  net: phy: remove feature definition from 1Gbps PHY drivers

 drivers/net/phy/at803x.c     |  2 --
 drivers/net/phy/bcm-cygnus.c |  1 -
 drivers/net/phy/bcm7xxx.c    |  1 -
 drivers/net/phy/broadcom.c   | 15 ---------------
 drivers/net/phy/cicada.c     |  2 --
 drivers/net/phy/dp83867.c    |  1 -
 drivers/net/phy/et1011c.c    |  1 -
 drivers/net/phy/icplus.c     |  1 -
 drivers/net/phy/intel-xway.c |  5 -----
 drivers/net/phy/marvell.c    | 13 -------------
 drivers/net/phy/micrel.c     |  4 ----
 drivers/net/phy/microchip.c  |  1 -
 drivers/net/phy/mscc.c       |  4 ----
 drivers/net/phy/national.c   |  1 -
 drivers/net/phy/phy_device.c | 15 +++++++++------
 drivers/net/phy/realtek.c    |  9 ---------
 drivers/net/phy/vitesse.c    | 12 ------------
 17 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.0