Subject: Re: eSwitch management

From: Scott Feldman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:29:40 -0700

On 4/22/10 5:47 PM, "Scott Feldman" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 4/22/10 4:16 PM, "Anirban Chakraborty" <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
> 
>> I am following the discussions on iovnl patch closely. While it is going to
>> take some time for iovnl patch to be reviewed and accepted, what would be the
>> interim approach to manage the eswitch in NIC? We need to add support in
>> qlcnic driver to configure the eswitch in our 10G NIC. Some of the things
>> that
>> we need to set to the switch are setting a port's VLAN, tx bandwidth etc. We
>> would like to set these parameters for a bunch of ports at the start of the
>> day and set it to the eswitch.
> 
> Are any of these settings covered in DCB?  (net/dcb/dcbnl.c).  Maybe you can
> get a start there?  Not sure not knowing your device requirements.

Or maybe the RTM_SETLINK IFLA_VF_* ops in include/linux/if_link.h?  Those
seem like what you're looking for.  I'm looking at moving iovnl here as well
for port-profile.

-scott