Subject: [PATCH net v2] mod_devicetable: fix PHY module format

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 23:24:47 +0000

When a PHY is probed, if the top bit is set, we end up requesting a
module with the string "mdio:-10101110000000100101000101010001" -
the top bit is printed to a signed -1 value. This leads to the module
not being loaded.

Fix the module format string and the macro generating the values for
it to ensure that we only print unsigned types and the top bit is
always 0/1. We correctly end up with
"mdio:10101110000000100101000101010001".

Fixes: 8626d3b43280 ("phylib: Support phy module autoloading")
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <[email-masked]>
---
 include/linux/mod_devicetable.h | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/include/linux/mod_devicetable.h b/include/linux/mod_devicetable.h
index 5714fd35a83c..e3596db077dc 100644
--- a/include/linux/mod_devicetable.h
+++ b/include/linux/mod_devicetable.h
@@ -587,9 +587,9 @@ struct platform_device_id {
 #define MDIO_NAME_SIZE		32
 #define MDIO_MODULE_PREFIX	"mdio:"
 
-#define MDIO_ID_FMT "%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d"
+#define MDIO_ID_FMT "%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u"
 #define MDIO_ID_ARGS(_id) \
-	(_id)>>31, ((_id)>>30) & 1, ((_id)>>29) & 1, ((_id)>>28) & 1,	\
+	((_id)>>31) & 1, ((_id)>>30) & 1, ((_id)>>29) & 1, ((_id)>>28) & 1, \
 	((_id)>>27) & 1, ((_id)>>26) & 1, ((_id)>>25) & 1, ((_id)>>24) & 1, \
 	((_id)>>23) & 1, ((_id)>>22) & 1, ((_id)>>21) & 1, ((_id)>>20) & 1, \
 	((_id)>>19) & 1, ((_id)>>18) & 1, ((_id)>>17) & 1, ((_id)>>16) & 1, \
-- 
2.20.1