Subject: [PATCH net-next v4 16/18] net: stmmac: remove unnecessary EEE handling in stmmac_release()

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2025 16:48:50 +0000

phylink_stop() will cause phylink to call the mac_link_down() operation
before phylink_stop() returns. As mac_link_down() will call
stmmac_eee_init(false), this will set both priv->eee_active and
priv->eee_enabled to be false, deleting the eee_ctrl_timer if
priv->eee_enabled was previously set.

As stmmac_release() calls phylink_stop() before checking whether
priv->eee_enabled is true, this is a condition that can never be
satisfied, and thus the code within this if() block will never be
executed. Remove it.

Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Tested-by: Choong Yong Liang <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Russell King (Oracle) <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c | 5 -----
 1 file changed, 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c
index 57338794695c..6d01dcafaf15 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c
@@ -4033,11 +4033,6 @@ static int stmmac_release(struct net_device *dev)
 	/* Free the IRQ lines */
 	stmmac_free_irq(dev, REQ_IRQ_ERR_ALL, 0);
 
-	if (priv->eee_enabled) {
-		priv->tx_path_in_lpi_mode = false;
-		del_timer_sync(&priv->eee_ctrl_timer);
-	}
-
 	/* Stop TX/RX DMA and clear the descriptors */
 	stmmac_stop_all_dma(priv);
 
-- 
2.30.2