Subject: [PATCH net-next 02/14] net: stmmac: ensure LPI is disabled when disabling EEE

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2025 13:39:50 +0000

When EEE is disabled, we call stmmac_set_eee_lpi_timer(..., 0).

For dwmac4, this will result in LPIATE being cleared, but LPIEN and
LPITXA being set, causing LPI mode to be signalled (if it wasn't
before).

For others MACs, stmmac_set_eee_lpi_timer() does nothing, which means
that LPI mode will continue to be signalled despite the expectation
for it to be disabled.

In both cases, LPI mode will be terminated when the transmitter has
a packet to send, and LPIEN will be cleared by hardware.

Call stmmac_reset_eee_mode() to ensure that LPI mode is disabled when
EEE mode is requested to be disabled.

Signed-off-by: Russell King (Oracle) <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c
index 9b44f4a8b7af..fecf9e8b29bf 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c
@@ -494,6 +494,7 @@ static void stmmac_eee_init(struct stmmac_priv *priv, bool active)
 			priv->eee_sw_timer_en = false;
 			del_timer_sync(&priv->eee_ctrl_timer);
 			stmmac_disable_hw_lpi_timer(priv);
+			stmmac_reset_eee_mode(priv, priv->hw);
 			stmmac_set_eee_timer(priv, priv->hw, 0,
 					     STMMAC_DEFAULT_TWT_LS);
 			if (priv->hw->xpcs)
-- 
2.30.2