Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 net-next 00/14] pds_core driver

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 12:11:44 +0200

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 02:55:44PM -0800, Shannon Nelson wrote:
> Summary:
> --------
> This patchset implements new driver for use with the AMD/Pensando
> Distributed Services Card (DSC), intended to provide core configuration
> services through the auxiliary_bus for VFio and vDPA feature specific
> drivers.

Hi,

I didn't look very deeply to this series, but three things caught my
attention and IMHO they need to be changed/redesinged before someone
can consider to merge it.

1. Use of bus_register_notifier to communicate between auxiliary devices.
This whole concept makes aux logic in this driver looks horrid. The idea
of auxiliary bus is separate existing device to sub-devices, while every
such sub-device is controlled through relevant subsystem. Current
implementation challenges this assumption by inventing own logic.
2. devm_* interfaces. It is bad. Please don't use them in such a complex
driver.
3. Listen to PCI BOUND_DRIVER event can't be correct either.

Thanks