Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 3/5] net: dsa: microchip: add eth mac grouping for ethtool statistics

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 15:52:09 +0100

> > Easiest way to see a disassembly (also has C code interleaved) would be
> > this:
> > 
> > make drivers/net/dsa/microchip/ksz_ethtool.lst
> 
> Oh, nice! I didn't know Kbuild has capability of listing the assembly
> code built-in. I was adding it manually to Makefiles when needed >_<
> Thanks! :D

You can also do

make drivers/net/dsa/microchip/ksz_ethtool.o
make drivers/net/dsa/microchip/ksz_ethtool.S

etc to get any of the intermediary files from the build process.

Also

make drivers/net/dsa/microchip/

will build everything in that subdirectory and below. That can be much
faster, especially when you have an allmodconf configuration and it
needs to check 1000s of modules before getting around to building the
one module you just changed. FYI: the trailing / is important.

       Andrew