Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 03/11] dt-bindings: arm: mediatek: add 'mediatek,pn_swap' property

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 10:30:48 +0000

On Tue, Feb 07, 2023 at 06:38:23PM +0100, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> On 07/02/2023 15:19, Daniel Golle wrote:
> > +Optional Properties:
> > +
> > +- mediatek,pn_swap: Invert polarity of the SGMII data lanes.
> 
> No:
> 3. Does not look like property of this node. This is a clock controller
> or system controller, not SGMII/phy etc.

Wrong. Totally wrong.

SGMII data lines consist of a "positive" and a "negative" signal.
Clearly, this PHY supports swapping the sense of those.

This CLEARLY has nothing to do with a clock controller. It's also not
system-controller related either.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!