Subject: Re: pull-request: mlx5-next 2023-01-24 V2

From: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 13:15:01 -0400

On Wed, Feb 08, 2023 at 05:16:46PM -0800, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2023 20:59:59 -0400 Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > > Who said IP configuration.  
> > 
> > Please explain to me your vision how we could do IPSEC in rdma and
> > continue to use an IP address owned by netdev while netdev is also
> > running IPSEC on the same IP address for netdev traffic.
> 
> I'm no expert on IPsec but AFAIK it doesn't treat the entire endpoint
> as a single unit.

It does, the SA #'s in the ESP header have to be globally allocated.
 
> Could you please go back to answering the question of how we deliver
> on the compromise that was established to merge the full xfrm offload?

I've said repeatedly it is in our plans, we have people working on it,
and I'm not allowed to commit to specific dates in public.

Jason