Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/1] net: phylink: add phylink_set_mac_pm() helper

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 16:06:35 +0100

On Fri, Oct 07, 2022 at 09:41:11AM -0500, Shenwei Wang wrote:
> +/**
> + * phylink_set_mac_pm() - set phydev->mac_managed_pm to true
> + * @pl: a pointer to a &struct phylink returned from phylink_create()
> + *
> + * Set the phydev->mac_managed_pm, which is under the phylink instance
> + * specified by @pl, to true. This is to indicate that the MAC driver is
> + * responsible for PHY PM.
> + *
> + * The function can be called in the net_device_ops ndo_open() method.

I think this needs to be a bit clearer - a driver author may well ask
"before or after the PHY is connected?" and this really ought to state
this detail.

Otherwise, the patch is fine.

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!