Subject: Re: [PATCH v1 net-next 3/7] dt-bindings: net: dsa: qca8k: utilize shared dsa.yaml

From: Colin Foster <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 19:44:46 -0700

Hi Rob,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 04:21:14PM -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 10:03:51PM -0700, Colin Foster wrote:
> > The dsa.yaml binding contains duplicated bindings for address and size
> > cells, as well as the reference to dsa-port.yaml. Instead of duplicating
> > this information, remove the reference to dsa-port.yaml and include the
> > full reference to dsa.yaml.
> 
> I don't think this works without further restructuring. Essentially, 
> 'unevaluatedProperties' on works on a single level. So every level has 
> to define all properties at that level either directly in 
> properties/patternProperties or within a $ref.
> 
> See how graph.yaml is structured and referenced for an example how this 
> has to work.

Thanks for pointing me to this. I didn't know about
https://github.com/devicetree-org/dt-schema until now, so I'll take a
look. I was primarily reading the schemas in net/dsa/* to try to get a
full understanding of the DT schema nuances, so these types of nudges
really help me.

And I see that Vladimir Oltean has responded to other parts of the
email, so I'll leave this as a simple "thanks" and keep that context
going forward.