Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 00/12] Multiqueue + DSA untag support + fixes for mtk_eth_soc

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:50:03 +0000

Hi Felix,

Not directly related to your patch series, but as you seem to be
tinkering with the driver, it seems appropriate to ask. Are you
using hardware that uses RGMII? If not, do you know anyone who is?

It would be good to fix mtk_mac_config(), specifically the use
of state->speed therein - see the FIXME that I placed in that
function. Honestly, I think this code is broken, since if the
RGMII interface speed changes, the outer if() won't allow this
code path to be re-executed (since mac->interface will be the
same as state->interface for speed changes.)

It would be nice to get rid of that, because this is the very
last pre-March 2020 legacy ethernet driver, and it's marked as
such for this very reason.

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!