Subject: Re: [net 03/14] net/mlx5: SF: Fix probing active SFs during driver probe phase

From: Maciej Fijalkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 15:57:36 +0100

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 06:25:48PM -0800, Saeed Mahameed wrote:
> From: Shay Drory <[email-masked]>
> 
> When SF devices and SF port representors are located on different
> functions, unloading and reloading of SF parent driver doesn't recreate
> the existing SF present in the device.
> Fix it by querying SFs and probe active SFs during driver probe phase.

Maybe shed some light on how it's actually being done? Have a few words
that you're adding a workqueue dedicated for that etc. There is also a
new mutex, I was always expecting that such mechanisms get a bit of
explanation/justification why there is a need for its introduction.

Not sure if including some example reproducer in here is mandatory or not
(and therefore splat, if any). General feeling is that commit message
could be beefed up.

> 
> Fixes: 90d010b8634b ("net/mlx5: SF, Add auxiliary device support")
> Signed-off-by: Shay Drory <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Parav Pandit <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/sf/dev/dev.c  | 88 +++++++++++++++++++
>  1 file changed, 88 insertions(+)
>