Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/5] net: eliminate the duplicate code in the ct nat functions of ovs and tc

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 11:42:17 -0800

On 15 Nov 10:50, Xin Long wrote:
>The changes in the patchset:
>
>  "net: add helper support in tc act_ct for ovs offloading"
>
>had moved some common ct code used by both OVS and TC into netfilter.
>
>There are still some big functions pretty similar defined and used in
>each of OVS and TC. It is not good to maintain such similar code in 2
>places. This patchset is to extract the functions for NAT processing
>from OVS and TC to netfilter.
>
>To make this change clear and safe, this patchset gets the common code
>out of OVS and TC step by step: The patch 1-4 make some minor changes
>in OVS and TC to make the NAT code of them completely the same, then
>the patch 5 moves the common code to the netfilter and exports one
>function called by each of OVS and TC.
>

not super expert on TC or OVS, but LGTM.

Reviewed-by: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>