Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3 v2] 9p: Fix write overflow in p9_read_work

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 19:49:28 +0900

GUO Zihua wrote on Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 05:11:56PM +0800:
> This patchset fixes the write overflow issue in p9_read_work. As well as
> some follow up cleanups.

Thanks for this v2.

Comments below

> GUO Zihua (3):
>   9p: Fix write overflow in p9_read_work
>   9p: Remove redundent checks for message size against msize.

This has 'Fixes: 3da2e34b64cd ("9p: Fix write overflow in
p9_read_work")' but that commit isn't applied yet, so the commit hash
only exists in your tree -- I will get a different hash when I apply the
patch (because it'll contain my name as committer, date changed etc)

I don't think it really makes sense to separate these two patches, I'll
squash them together on my side.

>   9p: Use P9_HDRSZ for header size

This makes sense to keep separate, I'll just drop the 'fixes' tag for
the same reason as above

I'll do the squash & test tomorrow, you don't need to resend.
I will tell you when I push to next so you can check you're happy with
my version.
-- 
Dominique