Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/2] ethtool: add PLCA RS support

From: Piergiorgio Beruto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 14:27:50 +0100

On Mon, Dec 05, 2022 at 08:11:52PM -0800, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2022 18:05:27 -0800 Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > On Sun, 4 Dec 2022 03:37:57 +0100 Piergiorgio Beruto wrote:
> > > This patchset is related to the proposed "add PLCA RS support and onsemi
> > > NCN26000" patchset on the kernel. It adds userland support for
> > > getting/setting the configuration of the Physical Layer Collision
> > > Avoidance (PLCA) Reconciliation Sublayer (RS) defined in the IEEE 802.3
> > > specifications, amended by IEEE802.3cg-2019.  
> > 
> > nit: for the user space patches use the tool name in the subject tag
> > [PATCH ethtool-next], I bet quite a few people looked at your set
> > expecting kernel changes ;)
> 
> ... which you already figured out / was told. Is a very bad day 
> for my ability to spot next postings of the same set it seems :S
Thanks Jakub, don't worry, I am still learning the process, so better
one more feedback than none!

BTW, I've just updated the patchset to include all the feedback I did
receiver so far. Hopefully this one is good :-)

Kind Regards,
Piergiorgio