Subject: Re: [patch net-next RFC 0/7] devlink: make sure devlink port registers/unregisters only for registered instance

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 13:35:37 +0200

On Thu, Dec 01, 2022 at 05:46:01PM +0100, Jiri Pirko wrote:
> From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>

<...>

> Jiri Pirko (7):
>   devlink: Reorder devlink_port_register/unregister() calls to be done
>     when devlink is registered
>   netdevsim: Reorder devl_port_register/unregister() calls to be done
>     when devlink is registered
>   mlxsw: Reorder devl_port_register/unregister() calls to be done when
>     devlink is registered
>   nfp: Reorder devl_port_register/unregister() calls to be done when
>     devlink is registered
>   mlx4: Reorder devl_port_register/unregister() calls to be done when
>     devlink is registered
>   mlx5: Reorder devl_port_register/unregister() calls to be done when
>     devlink is registered
>   devlink: assert if devl_port_register/unregister() is called on
>     unregistered devlink instance

Thanks, it is more clear now what you wanted.
Everything here looks ok, but can you please find better titles for the
commit messages? They are too long.

Not related to the series, but spotted during the code review,
It will be nice if you can get rid of devlink_port->registered and rely
xarray marks for that. It will be cleaner and aligned with devlink object.

Thanks