Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 3/4] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: replace ATU violation prints with trace points

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 11:38:41 -0800

On 09 Dec 19:28, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
>In applications where the switch ports must perform 802.1X based
>authentication and are therefore locked, ATU violation interrupts are
>quite to be expected as part of normal operation. The problem is that
>they currently spam the kernel log, even if rate limited.
>
>Create a series of trace points, all derived from the same event class,
>which log these violations to the kernel's trace buffer, which is both
>much faster and much easier to ignore than printing to a serial console.
>
>New usage model:
>
>$ trace-cmd list | grep mv88e6xxx
>mv88e6xxx
>mv88e6xxx:mv88e6xxx_atu_full_violation
>mv88e6xxx:mv88e6xxx_atu_miss_violation
>mv88e6xxx:mv88e6xxx_atu_member_violation
>$ trace-cmd record -e mv88e6xxx sleep 10
>
>Signed-off-by: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>

My knowledge on dsa is very limited but for the tracepoints logic:
Reviewed-by: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>