Subject: Re: [PATCH mlx5-next 0/8] mlx5 IPsec RoCEv2 support and netdev events fixes in RDMA

From: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 19:38:27 -0400

On Fri, Jan 06, 2023 at 01:17:23PM -0800, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2023 11:35:38 -0800 Saeed Mahameed wrote:
> > On 05 Jan 10:38, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > >On Wed,  4 Jan 2023 20:17:48 -0800 Saeed Mahameed wrote:  
> > >>   net/mlx5: Configure IPsec steering for ingress RoCEv2 traffic
> > >>   net/mlx5: Configure IPsec steering for egress RoCEv2 traffic  
> > >
> > >How is the TC forwarding coming along?  
> > 
> > Not aware of such effort, can you please elaborate ? 
> 
> When Leon posted the IPsec patches I correctly guessed that it's for
> RDMA and expressed my strong preference for RDMA to stop using netdev
> interfaces for configuration.

No, this wasn't done "for" RDMA. RDMA work loads have to run over it,
but not exclusively.

RDMA raw ethernet can already do IPSEC offload, it doesn't need this
netdev part for configuration.

IIRC it was for some non-TC forwarding VM configuration, but Leon
knows better.

Jason