Subject: Re: pull-request: mlx5-next 2023-01-24 V2

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 12:26:26 +0200

On Fri, Feb 03, 2023 at 05:57:39PM -0800, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 16:47:26 -0800 Saeed Mahameed wrote:
> > On 03 Feb 13:14, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > >I believe Paolo is planning to look next week. No idea why the patch
> > >got marked as Accepted 🤷️

<...>

> My memory is that Leon proposed IPsec offload, I said "you're doing
> this for RDMA", he said "no we will also need this for TC redirect",
> I said "if you implement TC redirect that's a legit use of netdev APIs".
> 
> And now RDMA integration is coming, and no TC in sight.
> 
> I think it's reasonable for me to feel mislead.

And I think that it is reasonable to assume that company doesn't need to
stop its execution just because Leon is going through very challenging
time.

Like, I said, first I need to fix HW limitation and it much harder than
it sounds.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/leon/linux-rdma.git/commit/?h=xfrm-latest&id=67bff1d4a6e30010b6fd88ddc3ed70e9da75c95a

Thanks