Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] selftests: net: Fix missing nat6to4.o when running udpgro_frglist.sh

From: Andrei Gherzan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 10:01:44 +0000

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for taking a look at this.

On 23/01/25 11:08PM, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 21:13:49 +0000 Andrei Gherzan wrote:
> > The udpgro_frglist.sh uses nat6to4.o which is tested for existence in
> > bpf/nat6to4.o (relative to the script). This is where the object is
> > compiled. Even so, the script attempts to use it as part of tc with a
> > different path (../bpf/nat6to4.o). As a consequence, this fails the script:
> 
> Is this a recent regression? Can you add a Fixes tag?

This issue seems to be included from the beginning (edae34a3ed92). I can't say
why this was not seen before upstream but on our side, this test was disabled
internally due to lack of CC support in BPF programs. This was fixed in the
meanwhile in 837a3d66d698 (selftests: net: Add cross-compilation support for
BPF programs) and we found this issue while trying to reenable the test.

So if you think that is reasonable, I could add a Fixes tag for the initial 
script commit edae34a3ed92 (selftests net: add UDP GRO fraglist + bpf
self-tests) and push a v3.

> What tree did you base this patch on? Doesn't seem to apply

The patches were done on top of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git, the master
branch - 948ef7bb70c4 (Merge tag 'modules-6.2-rc6' of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/linux). There is another
merge that happened in the meanwhile but the rebase works without issues. I can
send a rebased v3 if needed.

> 
> > Error opening object ../bpf/nat6to4.o: No such file or directory
> > Cannot initialize ELF context!
> > Unable to load program
> > 
> > This change refactors these references to use a variable for consistency
> > and also reformats two long lines.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Andrei Gherzan <[email-masked]>

-- 
Andrei Gherzan