Subject: Re: [PATCH mlx5-next v6 1/4] PCI: Add sysfs callback to allow MSI-X table size change of SR-IOV VFs

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 08:59:18 +0200

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 01:06:00PM -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 09:20:18AM +0100, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>
> > Ok, can you step back and try to explain what problem you are trying to
> > solve first, before getting bogged down in odd details?  I find it
> > highly unlikely that this is something "unique", but I could be wrong as
> > I do not understand what you are wanting to do here at all.
>
> We want to add two new sysfs files:
>
>   sriov_vf_total_msix, for PF devices
>   sriov_vf_msix_count, for VF devices associated with the PF
>
> AFAICT it is *acceptable* if they are both present always.  But it
> would be *ideal* if they were only present when a driver that
> implements the ->sriov_get_vf_total_msix() callback is bound to the
> PF.

BTW, we already have all possible combinations: static, static with
folder, with and without "sriov_" prefix, dynamic with and without
folders on VFs.

I need to know on which version I'll get Acked-by and that version I
will resubmit.

Thanks