Subject: Re: KASAN: use-after-free Read in hci_chan_del

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 10:46:04 +0200

On Mon, Jun 07, 2021 at 11:26:26AM -0700, SyzScope wrote:
> Hi all,
> We are really thankful for all the suggestions and concerns. We are
> definitely interested in continuing this line of research.
> 
> Just to clarify:  SyzScope is an ongoing research project that is currently
> under submission, which has an anonymity requirement.

As documented, we can not accept anonymous contributions to the kernel,
so perhaps just wait until your paper is accepted?  However, we take
patches from researchers all the time under their real names while their
papers are being reviewed, so this "requirement" seems odd to me, who is
requiring this?

> Therefore we chose to
> use a gmail address initially in the public channel. Since Greg asked, we
> did reveal our university affiliation and email address, as well as
> cross-referenced a private email (again using university address) to
> [email-masked].

[email-masked] is for fixing bugs reported to them that are not
public, it is not for any sort of "notification of affiliation".  See
the documentation for the details about what this alias is to be used
for please.

> We are sorry for the chaos of using several different
> email addresses. In the future, we will try to use our university address
> directly (we checked with other researchers and it seems to be okay).

That would be best, as obviously, and again, as documented, we can not
accept anonymous contributions to the kernel.

greg k-h