Subject: Re: ipheth: fix EOVERFLOW in ipheth_rcvbulk_callback

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 11:58:22 +0200

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 12:37:43PM +0300, Georgi Valkov wrote:
> ipheth: fix EOVERFLOW in ipheth_rcvbulk_callback
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/4084
> 
> 
> From dd109ded2b526636fff438d33433ab64ffd21583 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Georgi Valkov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 20:44:36 +0300
> Subject: [PATCH] ipheth: fix EOVERFLOW in ipheth_rcvbulk_callback
> 
> When rx_buf is allocated we need to account for IPHETH_IP_ALIGN,
> which reduces the usable size by 2 bytes. Otherwise we have 1512
> bytes usable instead of 1514, and if we receive more than 1512
> bytes, ipheth_rcvbulk_callback is called with status -EOVERFLOW,
> after which the driver malfunctiones and all communication stops.
> 
> Fixes: ipheth 2-1:4.2: ipheth_rcvbulk_callback: urb status: -75
> 
> Signed-off-by: Georgi Valkov <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  drivers/net/usb/ipheth.c | 6 +++---
>  1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

<formletter>

This is not the correct way to submit patches for inclusion in the
stable kernel tree.  Please read:
    https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/stable-kernel-rules.html
for how to do this properly.

</formletter>