Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 08/18] ravb: Add R-Car common features

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 15:45:27 +0200

> > > @@ -2205,8 +2235,10 @@ static int ravb_probe(struct platform_device
> > *pdev)
> > >  	}
> > >  	clk_prepare_enable(priv->refclk);
> > >
> > > -	ndev->max_mtu = 2048 - (ETH_HLEN + VLAN_HLEN + ETH_FCS_LEN);
> > > -	ndev->min_mtu = ETH_MIN_MTU;
> > > +	if (info->features & RAVB_OVERRIDE_MTU_CHANGE) {
> > 
> >    Why? :-/ Could you tell me more details?
> 
> RX buff size = 2048 for R-Car where as it is 8K for RZ/G2L.

RAVB_OVERRIDE_MTU_CHANGE is not the most descriptive name. You are not
overriding, you are setting the correct value for the hardware
variant.

Maybe name the feature RAVB_8K_BUFFERS or RAVB_2K_BUFFERS.

Also, putting more details in the commit message will help, and lots
of small patches, each patch doing one thing. It is much better to
have 40 simple, well documented, obviously correct patches, than 20
hard to understand patches. But please do submit them in small
batches, no more than 15 at once.

	 Andrew