Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] netdevsim: Register and unregister devlink traps on probe/remove device

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 12:54:52 +0300

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 12:05:12PM +0300, Ido Schimmel wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 11:42:11AM +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> > From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > Align netdevsim to be like all other physical devices that register and
> > unregister devlink traps during their probe and removal respectively.
> 
> No, this is incorrect. Out of the three drivers that support both reload
> and traps, both netdevsim and mlxsw unregister the traps during reload.
> Here is another report from syzkaller about mlxsw [1].

Sorry, I overlooked it.

> 
> Please revert both 22849b5ea595 ("devlink: Remove not-executed trap
> policer notifications") and 8bbeed485823 ("devlink: Remove not-executed
> trap group notifications").

However, before we rush and revert commit, can you please explain why
current behavior to reregister traps on reload is correct?

I think that you are not changing traps during reload, so traps before
reload will be the same as after reload, am I right?

Thanks