Subject: Re: Unsubscription Incident

From: Benjamin Poirier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 13:43:18 +0900

On 2021-10-22 18:54 +0300, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 at 18:53, Lijun Pan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > From Oct 11, I did not receive any emails from both linux-kernel and
> > netdev mailing list. Did anyone encounter the same issue? I subscribed
> > again and I can receive incoming emails now. However, I figured out
> > that anyone can unsubscribe your email without authentication. Maybe
> > it is just a one-time issue that someone accidentally unsubscribed my
> > email. But I would recommend that our admin can add one more
> > authentication step before unsubscription to make the process more
> > secure.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Lijun
> 
> Yes, the exact same thing happened to me. I got unsubscribed from all
> vger mailing lists.

It happened to a bunch of people on gmail:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/t/#u