Subject: Re: Unsubscription Incident

From: Cong Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:32:12 -0700

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 10:53:28AM -0500, Lijun Pan wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> From Oct 11, I did not receive any emails from both linux-kernel and
> netdev mailing list. Did anyone encounter the same issue? I subscribed
> again and I can receive incoming emails now. However, I figured out
> that anyone can unsubscribe your email without authentication. Maybe
> it is just a one-time issue that someone accidentally unsubscribed my
> email. But I would recommend that our admin can add one more
> authentication step before unsubscription to make the process more
> secure.
> 

Same here.

Fortunately I just switched to lei:
https://josefbacik.github.io/kernel/2021/10/18/lei-and-b4.html
so I can unsubscribe all kernel mailing lists now.

Thanks.