Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 1/2] bnx2x: Utilize firmware 7.13.20.0

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 22:05:15 +0200

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 12:37:16PM -0700, Manish Chopra wrote:
> Commit 0050dcf3e848 ("bnx2x: Add FW 7.13.20.0") added a new .bin
> firmware file to linux-firmware.git tree. This new firmware addresses
> few important issues and enhancements as mentioned below -
> 
> - Support direct invalidation of FP HSI Ver per function ID, required for
>   invalidating FP HSI Ver prior to each VF start, as there is no VF start
> - BRB hardware block parity error detection support for the driver
> - Fix the FCOE underrun flow
> - Fix PSOD during FCoE BFS over the NIC ports after preboot driver
> 
> This patch incorporates this new firmware 7.13.20.0 in bnx2x driver.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Manish Chopra <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Shai Malin <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Omkar Kulkarni <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Ariel Elior <[email-masked]>

<formletter>

This is not the correct way to submit patches for inclusion in the
stable kernel tree.  Please read:
    https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/stable-kernel-rules.html
for how to do this properly.

</formletter>