Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC net-next 5/8] net: ag71xx: mark as a legacy_pre_march2020 phylink driver

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 18:05:59 +0000

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 10:00:34AM +0000, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> ag71xx has a PCS, but does not make use of the phylink PCS support.
> Mark it was a pre-March 2020 driver.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Russell King (Oracle) <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I've just been looking closer at this driver, and it seems that we can
drop the "legacy_pre_march2020" flag, and in doing so, delete the
ag71xx_mac_pcs_get_state and ag71xx_mac_an_restart functions entirely,
removing them from ag71xx_phylink_mac_ops.

Should this driver need to deal with the PCS - in other words, to
modify the advertisement, then it will need to make use of the
phylink_pcs support.

I'll send a v2 in a day or two.

Thanks!

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!