Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] introduce generic phylink validation

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 09:59:57 +0000

Hi,

The various validate method implementations we have in phylink users
have been quite repetitive but also prone to bugs. These patches
introduce a generic implementation which relies solely on the
supported_interfaces bitmap introduced during last cycle, and in the
first patch, a bit array of MAC capabilities.

MAC drivers are free to continue to do their own thing if they have
special requirements - such as mvneta and mvpp2 which do not support
1000base-X without AN enabled. Most implementations currently in the
kernel can be converted to call phylink_generic_validate() directly
from the phylink MAC operations structure once they fill in the
supported_interfaces and mac_capabilities members of phylink_config.

This series introduces the generic implementation, and converts mvneta
and mvpp2 to use it.

 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvneta.c           |  34 +---
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvpp2/mvpp2_main.c |  58 +-----
 drivers/net/phy/phylink.c                       | 252 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/phylink.h                         |  31 +++
 4 files changed, 296 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!