Subject: [PATCH] atm: firestream: avoid conversion error during build

From: Helge Deller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 13:38:25 +0100

Although the firestream driver isn't relevant for the parisc
architecture, but it generates this compile error when CONFIG_TEST is
defined:

 drivers/atm/firestream.c: In function ‘top_off_fp’:
 arch/parisc/include/asm/io.h:8:25: error: conversion from ‘long unsigned int’ to ‘u32’ {aka ‘unsigned int’} changes value
     from ‘18446744072635809792’ to ‘3221225472’ [-Werror=overflow]
 drivers/atm/firestream.c:1494:29: note: in expansion of macro ‘virt_to_bus’
            ne->next  = virt_to_bus (NULL);

ne->next is of type u32, so this patch avoids the error by casting
the return value of virt_to_bus() to u32.

Signed-off-by: Helge Deller <[email-masked]>

---

diff --git a/drivers/atm/firestream.c b/drivers/atm/firestream.c
index 3bc3c314a467..8148a4ea194c 100644
--- a/drivers/atm/firestream.c
+++ b/drivers/atm/firestream.c
@@ -1491,7 +1491,7 @@ static void top_off_fp (struct fs_dev *dev, struct freepool *fp,
 			    skb, ne, skb->data, skb->head);
 		n++;
 		ne->flags = FP_FLAGS_EPI | fp->bufsize;
-		ne->next  = virt_to_bus (NULL);
+		ne->next  = (u32)virt_to_bus (NULL);
 		ne->bsa   = virt_to_bus (skb->data);
 		ne->aal_bufsize = fp->bufsize;
 		ne->skb = skb;