Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 5/8] net: phylink: pass supported PHY interface modes to phylib

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 16:28:54 +0000

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 05:27:00PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > +static int __init phylink_init(void)
> > +{
> > +	__set_bit(PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_USXGMII, phylink_sfp_interfaces);
> > +	__set_bit(PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_10GBASER, phylink_sfp_interfaces);
> > +	__set_bit(PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_10GKR, phylink_sfp_interfaces);
> > +	__set_bit(PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_5GBASER, phylink_sfp_interfaces);
> > +	__set_bit(PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_2500BASEX, phylink_sfp_interfaces);
> > +	__set_bit(PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_SGMII, phylink_sfp_interfaces);
> > +	__set_bit(PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_1000BASEX, phylink_sfp_interfaces);
> 
> Do we need to include PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_100BASEX here for 100BaseFX?
> Not sure we actually have any systems using it.

Most likely. I think we can now drop PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_10GKR from
this too.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!