Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 3/5] net: lan966x: add port module support

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 13:31:11 +0000

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 01:59:28PM +0100, Horatiu Vultur wrote:
> The 11/18/2021 09:59, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> > Another approach would be to split phylink_mii_c22_pcs_decode_state()
> > so that the appropriate decode function is selected depending on the
> > interface state, which may be a better idea.
> 
> I have tried to look for phylink_mii_c22_pcs_decode_state() and I
> have found it only here [1], and seems that it depends on [2]. But not
> much activity happened to these series since October.
> Do you think they will still get in?

I don't see any reason the first two patches should not be sent. I'm
carrying the second one locally because I use it in some changes I've
made to the mv88e6xxx code - as I mentioned in the patchwork entry you
linked to. See:

 http://git.armlinux.org.uk/cgit/linux-arm.git/log/?h=net-queue

 "net: phylink: Add helpers for c22 registers without MDIO"

Although I notice I committed it to my tree with the wrong author. :(

Sean, please can you submit the mdiodev patch and this patch for
net-next as they have general utility? Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!