Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3 0/6] MCTP I2C driver

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:34:44 +0100

Hi Matt,

sorry for the long delay. This cycle, I am concentrating on overhauling the
bus_recovery handling. I am rather unsure if I have the bandwidth for
larger block reads this cycle. But it is planned for next cycle.

> > (extending SMBus calls to 255 byte) is complicated because we need ABI
> > backwards compatibility.
> 
> Is it only the i2c-dev ABI that you are concerned about?

To at least give you a pointer what we discussed last time, have a look
here:

https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

I can't go into details now because they escaped my mind :/ But I'll
work into it again when the bus_recovery thing is done and the recent
driver patches are handled. But you probably will get the idea without
me...

Thanks for sharing your script and working on the issue.

Happy hacking,

   Wolfram