Subject: Re: packets trickling out of STP-blocked ports

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 16:31:37 +0100

> > > sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.swp3.autoconf=0
> > 
> > That sounds very promising! Sorry you had to fix my system config, but
> > glad that this all makes perfect sense. 
> > 

Hi Alexandre

> 
> Let me know if this works ;) The bottom line being that you should
> probably disable ipv6 autoconf on individual interfaces and then enable
> it on the bridge.

Does this also stop the interface getting a link local IPv6 address
based on its MAC address?

e.g. my wifi interface has MAC address b8:ae:ed:78:ef:9d and gets an
IPv6 address

inet6 fe80::baae:edff:fe78:ef9d/64 scope link 

It will also perform duplicate address detection, DAD, when the
interface is brought up. That is probably hard to see with tcpdump on
the host, since it happens very quickly, but a link peer should see
the packets.

    Andrew