Subject: [PATCH v10 0/3] net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: refactoring and Clause 45

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 15:47:52 +0000

Rework value and type of mdio read and write functions in mtk_eth_soc
and generally clean up and unify both functions.
Then add support to access Clause 45 phy registers, using newly
introduced helper macros added by a patch Russell King has suggested
in a reply to an earlier version of this series [1].

All three commits are tested on the Bananapi BPi-R64 board having
MediaTek MT7531BE DSA gigE switch using clause 22 MDIO and
Ubiquiti UniFi 6 LR access point having Aquantia AQR112C PHY using
clause 45 MDIO.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

v10: correct order of SoB lines in 2/3, change patch order in series
v9: improved formatting and Cc missing maintainer
v8: add patch from Russel King, switch to bitfield helper macros
v7: remove unneeded variables and order OR-ed call parameters
v6: further clean up functions and more cleanly separate patches
v5: fix wrong variable name in first patch covered by follow-up patch
v4: clean-up return values and types, split into two commits
v3: return -1 instead of 0xffff on error in _mtk_mdio_write
v2: use MII_DEVADDR_C45_SHIFT and MII_REGADDR_C45_MASK to extract
    device id and register address. Unify read and write functions to
    have identical types and parameter names where possible as we are
    anyway already replacing both function bodies.

Daniel Golle (2):
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: fix return value and refactor MDIO ops
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: implement Clause 45 MDIO access

Russell King (Oracle) (1):
  net: mdio: add helpers to extract clause 45 regad and devad fields

 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.c | 85 +++++++++++++++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.h | 19 +++--
 include/linux/mdio.h                        | 12 +++
 3 files changed, 89 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1