Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH net-next 0/6] net/smc: Spread workload over multiple cores

From: Tony Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 15:23:22 +0800

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 11:00:33AM +0200, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> 
> Please CC RDMA mailing list next time.
> 
> Why didn't you use already existed APIs in drivers/infiniband/core/cq.c?
> ib_cq_pool_get() will do most if not all of your open-coded CQ spreading
> logic.

I am working on replacing with ib_cq_pool_get(), this need ib_poll_context
to indicate the poller which provides by ib_poll_handler(). It's okay
for now, but for the callback function. When it polled a ib_wc, it
would call wc->wr_cqe->done(cq, wc), which is the union with wr_id. The
wr_id is heavily used in SMC.

In this patch set, I am not going to change the logic which is out of cq
allocation. So I have to use original interface to allocate cq this
time.

I am glad to hear your advice, if I missed information or misunderstood.

Thanks,
Tony Lu