Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC net-next 0/7] net: dsa: mt7530: updates for phylink changes

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 13:06:32 +0000

On Thu, Feb 03, 2022 at 05:30:31PM +0000, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> This series is a partial conversion of the mt7530 DSA driver to the
> modern phylink infrastructure. This driver has some exceptional cases
> which prevent - at the moment - its full conversion (particularly with
> the Autoneg bit) to using phylink_generic_validate().
> 
> What stands in the way is this if() condition in
> mt753x_phylink_validate():
> 
> 	if (state->interface != PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_TRGMII ||
> 	    !phy_interface_mode_is_8023z(state->interface)) {
> 
> reduces to being always true. I highlight this here for the attention
> of the driver maintainers.

I'm intending to submit this series later today, preserving the above
behaviour, as I like to keep drivers bug-for-bug compatible, with the
assumption that they've been tested as working, even if the code looks
wrong. However, it would be good if this point could be addressed.
Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!