Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 0/5] Add support for locked bridge ports (for 802.1X)

From: Ido Schimmel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 18:31:31 +0200

On Wed, Feb 09, 2022 at 02:05:32PM +0100, Hans Schultz wrote:
> This series starts by adding support for SA filtering to the bridge,
> which is then allowed to be offloaded to switchdev devices. Furthermore
> an offloading implementation is supplied for the mv88e6xxx driver.

[...]

> Hans Schultz (5):
>   net: bridge: Add support for bridge port in locked mode
>   net: bridge: Add support for offloading of locked port flag
>   net: dsa: Add support for offloaded locked port flag
>   net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Add support for bridge port locked mode
>   net: bridge: Refactor bridge port in locked mode to use jump labels

I think it is a bit weird to add a static key for this option when other
options (e.g., learning) don't use one. If you have data that proves
it's critical, then at least add it in patch #1 where the new option is
introduced.

Please add a selftest under tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/. It
should allow you to test both the SW data path with veth pairs and the
offloaded data path with loopbacks. See tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/README