Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/2] dt-bindings: net: dsa: add new mdio property

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 08:51:50 +0100

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 09:08:05PM -0300, Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca wrote:
> > Your threading of these two patches is broken. The usual way to do this is
> >
> > git format-patch HEAD~2
> > git send-email *.patch
> >
> > You will then get uniform subject lines and the two emails threaded
> > together.
> 
> Thanks, Andrew, I did something like that. However, bindings and
> net-next have different requirements. One needs the mail to go to
> [email-masked] and the other a different prefix. So, I
> used send-email twice. Or should I use net-next for both and send both
> also to devicetree@? I did forget to set the "In-Reply-To:" in the
> second message.

Binding need to be cc: to device tree, however they are generally
merged by some other subsystem, where ever the driver belongs. Rob
will review the binding, give his reviewed-by: and then Jakub or David
will merge both to net-next.

You can send both to device tree, or you can add a Cc: line to the
binding patch, before your own signed-off. git send-email will see it
and extend the list of recipients with whatever email address you put
there.

	Andrew