Subject: [PATCH RFC net-next v2 0/7] net: dsa: mt7530: updates for phylink changes

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 11:33:56 +0000

Hi,

This revised series is a partial conversion of the mt7530 DSA driver to
the modern phylink infrastructure. This driver has some exceptional
cases which prevent - at the moment - its full conversion (particularly
with the Autoneg bit) to using phylink_generic_validate().

Patch 1 fixes the incorrect test highlighted in the first RFC series.

Patch 2 fixes the incorrect assumption that RGMII is unable to support
1000BASE-X.

Patch 3 populates the supported_interfaces for each port

Patch 4 removes the interface checks that become unnecessary as a result
of patch 3.

Patch 5 removes use of phylink_helper_basex_speed() which is no longer
required by phylink.

Patch 6 becomes possible after patch 5, only indicating the ethtool
modes that can be supported with a particular interface mode - this
involves removing some modes and adding others as per phylink
documentation.

Patch 7 switches the driver to use phylink_get_linkmodes(), which moves
the driver as close as we can to phylink_generic_validate() due to the
Autoneg bit issue mentioned above.

Patch 8 converts the driver to the phylink pcs support, removing a bunch
of driver private indirected methods. We include TRGMII as a PCS even
though strictly TRGMII does not have a PCS. This is convenient to allow
the change in patch 9 to be made.

Patch 9 moves the special autoneg handling to the PCS validate method,
which means we can convert the MAC side to the generic validator.

Patch 10 marks the driver as non-legacy.

Please review and test, thanks.

 drivers/net/dsa/mt7530.c | 330 +++++++++++++++++++++--------------------------
 drivers/net/dsa/mt7530.h |  26 ++--
 2 files changed, 159 insertions(+), 197 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!