Subject: Re: [syzbot] WARNING in p9_client_destroy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 21:24:10 +0900

Christian Schoenebeck wrote on Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 12:48:26PM +0100:
> [...]
>
> > Signed-off-by: David Kahurani <[email-masked]>
> > Reported-by: [email-masked]

Looks good to me - it's pretty much what I'd have done if I hadn't
forgotten!
It doesn't strike me as anything critical and I don't have anything else
for this cycle so I'll just queue it in -next for now, and submit it
at the start of the 5.19 cycle in ~2months.

> I'm not absolutely sure that this will really fix this issue, but it seems to 
> be a good idea to add a rcu_barrier() call here nevertheless.

Yeah, I'm not really sure either but this is the only idea I have given
the debug code doesn't list anything left in the cache, and David came
to the same conclusion :/

Can't hurt though, so let's try and see if syzbot complains
again. Thanks for the review!

-- 
Dominique