Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2] docs: net: dsa: describe issues with checksum offload

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 22:49:53 +0200

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 08:08:41PM +0000, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
> I've copied a bunch of new people to this email.
> 
> TL;DR: Kurt/George/Andrew, on your systems with hellcreek/xrs700x/mv88e6060,
> does the DSA master declare any of the following features as "on"?
> 
> ethtool -k eth0 | grep tx-checksum-ip

Zii-devel-c, which uses a FEC as master:

root@zii-devel-c:~# ethtool -k eth1 | grep tx-checksum-ip
	tx-checksum-ipv4: off [fixed]
	tx-checksum-ip-generic: off [fixed]
	tx-checksum-ipv6: off [fixed]

370RD is a Marvell reference design, using mvneta as the master

andrew@370rd:~$ /usr/sbin/ethtool -k eth1 | grep tx-checksum-ip
	tx-checksum-ipv4: on
	tx-checksum-ip-generic: off [fixed]
	tx-checksum-ipv6: on

WRT1900AC is a WiFi access point, also mvneta

root@wrt1900ac:~# ethtool -k eth0 | grep tx-checksum-ip
        tx-checksum-ipv4: on
        tx-checksum-ip-generic: off [fixed]
        tx-checksum-ipv6: on

I have one more system i can check, using a Marvell Kirkwood SoC using
the mv643xx as master. I need to blow the dust off it first, i've not
booted it in years.

    Andrew