Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 09/12] ARM: dts: r9a06g032: describe MII converter

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 17:12:26 +0200

> Ok, looks like a more flexible way to doing it. Let's go with something
> like this:
> 
> renesas,miic-port-connection = <PORTIN_GMAC2>, <MAC2>, <SWITCH_PORTC>,
> <SWITCH_PORTB>, <SWITCH_PORTA>;

Not all combinations are possible. In fact, there is a limited choice
for each value. So consider getting the yaml tools to help you by
listing what is valid for each setting. You might need a different
format than. Also, this format it is not clear what each value refers
to.

renesas,miic-port-connection-mii-conv1 = <PORTIN_GMAC2>;
renesas,miic-port-connection-mii-conv2 = <MAC2>;
renesas,miic-port-connection-mii-conv3 = <SWITCH_PORTC>;
renesas,miic-port-connection-mii-conv4 = <SWITCH_PORTB>;
renesas,miic-port-connection-mii-conv5 = <SWITCH_PORTA>;

is more sense documenting, and i suspect easier to make the validator
work for you.

	Andrew